DICK AND ZENA 10k and 5k TRACK RACES, BURY, MAY 25
Roy Gunnett reports:
Eleven walkers took part in the Bury track 10k and 5k races – 8 in the former, 3 in the latter. Weatherwise it was a pleasant May day. From the gun the 10k field quickly sorted into two groups. Out front Martin Fisher, tony bell and Tony Malone – all walking at sub 60 minute 10k pace. Behind were the rest of the field closely bunched together at around 70 minute 10k pace.
Towards the end of the race Martin pulled ahead of Tony Bell, who in turn puled ahead of Tony Malone – all attained a time under the hour. In the 5k it was a close contest between John Payn and Andrea Lennon with Andrea finally getting the better.
The 10k handicap trophy was won by Tony Bell and the ladies 5k handicap trophy was won by Andrea Lennon.
After the bracket the numbers relate to the handicap allowance, the handicap time,
handicap position, handicap points and the Age Graded %.
- Martin Fisher M65 Redcar WC 59:28.1 [3.00; 56:28.1; Guest; 74.82%]
- Tony Bell M55 LWC 59:53.2 [6.30; 53:23’2; 1; 25; 74.11%]
- Tony Malone M65 LWC 59:58.1 [5.30; 54:28.1; 2; 24; 82.77%]
- Dan Maskell M70 Surrey WC 69:42.5 [8.15; 61.27.5; Guest; 74.78%]
- John Crahan M70 LWC 70:51.1 [11.45; 59:06.1; 3; 23; 72.84%]
- Joe Hardy M75 LWC 72:20.2 [11.45; 60:35.2; 4; 22; 76.01%]
- Sailash Shah M50 LWC 72:46.5 [11.00; 61:46.5; 6; 20; 59.93%]
- Ian Hilditch M75 LWC 74:28.9 [13.00; 61:28.9; 5; 21; 77.22%]
- Andrea Lennon W75 40:41.1 [H’cap points 19; Age Graded 77.22%]
- John Payn M85 LWC 40:56.9 [ H’cap points 18; Age Graded 77.70%]
- Judy Fisher W55 LWC 44:12.1 [H’cap points 17]
BMAF 5k CHAMPIONSHIPS AT HORWICH, JUNE 16 at 11.00 a.m.
Hi my name is Margaret Parton my dad Thomas Mills was a member of the Lancashire Walking club back in the 50 I remember going with him when he went training with Dick Smith I stayed with Zena when they went training at their house which if I am correct was a chip shop,other names I can remember is John Grocott,Jack Lambert,I still have photos of my dad walking also the Manchester to Blackpool walk,and the Blackpool /Manchester then back to Blackpool walk,I remember the trophy’s he won in my mum’s cabinet